CC’23 Topic #3 – Building Community with Renters & Landlords
Crowdsourced Conversations 2023’s third forum topic is “Building Community with Renters and Landlords.” Join us August 30th for our event on the topic — all are welcome! Councilman Tony Cuda and Cole Ware (Coventry Neighborhood Group, Coventry Living Room Project) will offer opening remarks before we dive into our small group discussions geared around ways to strengthen our neighborhood cohesion.
How Crowdsourced Conversations flows:
Step One: The Survey!
- The purpose of our survey is to reach as many Heights stakeholders as possible in order to generate meaningful action-oriented small group discussion questions for our event on the topic.
- This survey was live July 1-July 31, 2023.
Step Two: The Data!
- Once the survey closes, we will generate a report to share the results. This report will be housed on the FutureHeights website and will be shared with community partners, elected officials, and more.
- We will also use the survey results to generate small group discussion questions for our Crowdsourced Conversations event on the topic.
Step Three: The Conversation!
- All Heights residents/stakeholders are encouraged to participate in our Crowdsourced Conversations forum.
- While there will be brief opening remarks by guest speakers, this forum series emphasizes the small group discussions that are action-oriented and strengths-based.
- This event will take place Wednesday, August 30, 7pm-8:30pm at Beth El the Heights Synagogue (3246 Desota Avenue). RSVP here.
- This event is free to attend and will be in-person only.
- Each attendee should register separately.
- If you are returning CC’23 participant, you will be reunited with your group members so you can continue building your connections with them.
- Please note: the event will take place in Beth El the Heights Synagogue’s social room, which is accessible by stairs or elevator. If you should require any assistance, please reach out to Sarah (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Step Four: The Follow-up!
- After our forum night, all event participants will have the opportunity to stay connected to the other members of their small group discussion and will receive electronic copies of the survey report and any other resources utilized during the event.
- All event participants will also be able to help us co-create a Resource Page on the forum topic that will live on the FutureHeights website.
This forum series will be an opportunity to connect with other Heights residents about topics that impact us in a variety of overlapping ways. We hope you can join us for all four conversations! Any questions, connect with Sarah – email@example.com.
This forum series is being planned in partnership with FutureHeights Community & Civic Engagement Committee, Reaching Heights, CH-UH Libraries, Home Repair Resource Center, City of Cleveland Heights Racial Justice Task Force, Racial Inequity Repair Committee of Forest Hill Church, Cleveland Heights Green Team, representatives of Cleveland Heights City Council, and more. Thank you for the joy, wisdom, and enthusiasm you bring to the table!