Volunteers are the backbone of everything we do. Join a thriving community of FutureHeights volunteers who believe grassroots action is integral to keeping the Heights strong. When you volunteer, you give part of yourself — your time, energy, and skills — and you receive the satisfaction of being a part of a collective effort toward community self-sustainability.
- Committees – Serve on one of FutureHeights committees:
- Civic Engagement: The Civic Engagement Committee helps to assess/determine programming and opportunities to support and amplify community voices and initiatives.
- FutureHomes: The FutureHomes Committee works to support our FutureHomes housing program whose goal is to restore/rehabilitate selected Cleveland Heights-area houses as well as planning infill housing.
- Planning & Development: The Planning & Development Committee discusses the role FutureHeights plays in working to support community/city development opportunities.
- Fundraising, Membership, & Marketing: The Fundraising, Membership, & Marketing Committee plans the Annual Benefit, fosters Membership growth, and helps shape FutureHeights branding & messaging.
- Music Hop: The Music Hop committee plans and executes the annual Heights Music Hop event.
- Heights Observer – become a writer, editor, photographer or distributor.
- Write for the Observer: All content is generated by YOUR contributions — any Heights-related content is welcome for consideration. We accept contributions on a rolling basis. There’s a print edition out once a month and an e-news that goes out weekly. Click here to learn more about how to submit your work.
- Help us deliver the Observer: Once a month (around the first), volunteers help distribute the Observer to local businesses.
- Events – help with set up or break down, greeting guests, and other various jobs.
Joining a committee or volunteering with us is a great way to make new friends, learn something new, and make your city a better place to live!