FutureHeights issues RFP for Noble Road Corridor Plan
FutureHeights, in cooperation with Noble Neighbors; the cities of Cleveland Heights and East Cleveland; and NOAH, Northeast Ohio Alliance for Hope, the CDC for East Cleveland; is seeking proposals by professional consultants to prepare a development and revitalization plan focusing on three commercial/mixed-use districts along Noble Road between Mayfield Road and Euclid Avenue.
Noble Road is the most significant street in the northeast section of Cleveland Heights, giving its name to an area known as the “Noble Neighborhood.” The proposed study area extends along Noble Road several blocks to the west of Cleveland Heights into the city of East Cleveland.
FutureHeights and its partners seek a market analysis and revitalization plan for the Noble Road Corridor that will accomplish, among others, the following goals:
- enhancing the image of the Noble Neighborhood by improving the commercial and mixed-use development at the neighborhood’s “front doors” along the Noble Corridor;
- improving the quality of life for residents of the Noble Neighborhood by providing higher quality retail and service businesses along the Noble Corridor;
- providing additional jobs and entrepreneurial opportunities for local residents;
- promoting “placemaking” and the resulting strengthening of community life;
- making productive use of sites that are currently vacant or under-utilized;
- promoting walking, bicycling and transit use along the corridor;
- increasing safety by facilitating development and revitalization that puts more eyes and ears on the street;
- increasing property and income tax revenues to the cities and school districts;
- ensuring that development is sustainable environmentally, socially and economically; and
- other goals identified in the community engagement process.
See the document here: Noble Corridor Plan RFP 5.22.18. The closing date is June 29.